French bulldogs are increasingly becoming popular among celebrities as well as in the common population. Before you rush in getting yourself one of these Frenchies, what are some of the things you need to know about these breed? What are the advantages and disadvantages of owning a French bulldog?
– These dogs are small and curious dogs making them ideal as house pets. They also adapt well to changes.
– They are affectionate and lovable dogs that are loyal to their owners and will never miss an opportunity to charm those around them.
– They are intelligent and easy to train. Their curiosity makes them open to new things and thus they are able to learn relatively fast.
– They get along well with other animals, some may show aggressive behavior but this can easily be handled through proper training.
– They do not require a lot of exercise, a short walk in the evening will do.
– They are low maintenance because of their short-haired coat French bulldog puppies for adoption which only requires brushing every once in a while to keep it in good condition.
– They are expensive to maintain. Frenchies are expensive to buy especially if you want one that is from a good line. That aside there is also food, and medical expenses.
– They suffer from some medical conditions which is why you should purchase Frenchies from a good bloodline. These medical conditions will usually cost owners a lot to manage or treat.
– They are prone to many types of allergies, this means that owners need to be very observant in case of any symptoms.
– They can be stubborn at times and refuse to comply with commands. This makes it difficult to train some Frenchies.
– Because of their structure Frenchies will commonly snore while sleeping and at times when awake in addition they may also drool a lot. Some people can’t stand this sound and many owners have given up their Frenchies because of these.
– While Frenchies do not show as many behavior problems as their counterparts the English bulldogs, they also love to chew and may be very destructive. This behavior can easily be controlled with proper training. Some Frenchies also tend to be aggressive towards other dogs and strangers which is undesirable.